Friday, April 29, 2011

Follow Friday and Blogger Hop



Good morning everyone and welcome to another Follow Friday! This week's question from our host Parajunkee is:

Q. Keeping with the dystopian and apocalypse theme that seems to be running rampant on parajunkee.com, I have one very hard question for you: If you were stocking your bomb shelter, what books would you HAVE to include if you only had space for ten?

Wow. I actually had to go and sleep on that one and I am still not sure. Let's see if I can do this.
1. Hunger Games
2. Outlander
3. Forest of Hands and Teeth
4. My Nook (until the power goes out!)
5. Breathers
6. Twilight
7. Bird Sisters
8. Visual Guide to Crochet
9. Southern Living Cookbook
10. Fannie Farmer Cookbook
That was tough. I know I will change my mind and have to switch things out at least once. If it comes down to it, I was actually thinking about what you would need if it went all post apocalyptic. Has anyone read Life As We Knew It ? It is the book about the moon coming close to the earth and everything going crazy? The power goes out, volcanoes erupt and all the Walmarts run out of Twinkies. Wait. Maybe that was Zombieland. Whatever. Anyway. Twinkies. Or, in my case, vanilla zingers with cream filling. Orange cupcakes too. OMG. How would I live without orange cupcakes?
This week my washer went out and it has been the biggest pain ever. It reminded me of the hurricane a couple of years ago when we were out of power for several days and had to try and cook what we could from the freezer on the gas stove and grill outside. Kind of feels like that I guess. At least there is a laundry facility down the street even though I hate going there.
I digress. What would I need if the world did go nuts and I had to build a bomb shelter or at least start hording can goods or something? Ten things. Here we go.
1. Lots of can goods.
2. Orange cupcakes by the case.
3. Dog food by the ton. (furry kids)
4. Water. Lots of bottled water.
5. Granola Bars
6. Toilet Paper. (no comment)
7. Knitting needles, crochet hooks and yarn.
8. A weapon of some sort to kill anyone who threatened my zinger supply. (Just sayin.)
9. Soap and deodorant
10. A book on how to garden, because I think we may need more than canned yams eventually.
Now for more hopping...
"Summer is coming quickly - what 2011 summer release are you are most looking forward to?"
Wow. There are so many. The first one I am dying to get my hands on is the new Charlaine Harris book in the Sookie series. Dead Reckoning. It is my birthday Sunday and it is on the list!
Thanks everyone for visiting on the Hop and Follow Friday! If you want to join the linky list, head over to:
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will "Like" the new Facebook fan page while you are here. I love my followers and twitter peeps, so I hope to see you around! Stay tuned for more awesome contests coming up soon!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list! The Hunger Games would be a great book to have in the shelter.

Unknown said...

Great blog! New follower from Blog Hop Friday. Would love a follow back. Donna at http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

Jules said...

Interesting selection - I still haven't thought of what I would take with me yet, may a big set of encyclopaedia's :)

Great Summer choice :)


Jules

http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I didn't even realise the new Sookie was out so soon until this blog hop, I'm looking forward to it now though

Larissa said...

Hi, just found you through follow friday and am now a follower! Reading and knitting are hobbies of mine as well!!!

you can find me at the Howling Turtle:

http://howlingturtle-pdx.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

Charlaine Harris seems to be a favorite folks are waiting for.

I am finding so many books that I haven't heard of.

Stop by my blog if you like so you can see my answer to this week's question.

Elizabeth

http://silversolara.blogspot.com